I know these little beauties only have three ingredients, but don’t be scared. Give them a go and you will be sold. These No Bake Applesauce Brownies are flippin’ fantastic! They have the consistency of baked cheesecake and a mild taste which reminds me a lot of vanilla custard.
If you haven’t used coconut flour before, then this is the recipe to try it.
It’s not like a standard flour, technically it’s not even a flour. Coconut flour is simply dried, ground up coconut meat (the white bit inside the coconut). This whole food flour provides is high in fibre and a good source of protein. It is gluten-free, wheat-free and vegetarian. It ticks all the boxes.
3 (Other) Uses for Coconut flour
- Use it in gluten-free and starch-free recipes to replace cornstarch or flour to thicken gravies and sauces.
- Add to smoothies for extra protein and fibre and to thicken them up a little too.
- Can be used to replace wheat flour in most recipes. Whenever I use coconut flour as a flour replacement in a baking recipe I find that it soaks up moisture a lot more, so I normally use just a little less to avoid an oven dry of super dry muffins.
- ¾ Cup Applesauce
- ½ Cup Coconut flour (add a little more if needed, depending on thickness of applesauce)
- ⅓ cup Maple Syrup
- OPTIONAL: Cinnamon & Coconut Sugar for topping
- Line a small (I use 15cmx15cm bowl) with baking paper.
- Mix all ingredients together. A thick dough will form. You want it thick but still a little moist.
- Press into the prepared baking paper bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Slice into 5 - 12 squares.
NO BAKE APPLESAUCE BROWNIES.
Love it? Pin it to your BOARD board to SAVE it!
Follow Clean Eating with Kids on Pinterest for more great Real Food Recipes!