* We sometimes use affiliate links, so we may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Check our disclosure for more info.
It’s almost time to get your creep on. Halloween is just around the corner and now we get to have a little fun scaring our children. Aside from hearing their cute little screams [insert creepy laugh here], the fun part is coming up with the Annual Halloween Menu. I’ve been scouring Pinterest and let me just say that there are some super creative and a little disturbing Halloween Recipes out there. I’ve narrowed it down to these 40 Kinda Gross but Healthy’ish Halloween Food Ideas that your guests will love!
My daughter is throwing a Halloween Party at our place this year. In other words a bunch of teens in dress up that I will be watching all night. Like a hawk. I remember being 17 …..
Our farm is pretty much in the middle of nowhere so when I turn off the lights, the only glow you see is that of the moon. I reckon if we throw in a random sheep wandering around in the dark, making footsteps and breathing noises … well, I think that would be enough to scare even the bravest teen boy into staying within my view.
40 Kinda Gross but Healthy’ish Halloween Food Ideas
1. Halloween Deadmans Finger – Yuck. just yuck.
2. Holy Skully Guacamole – This is one of my favorites.
3. Mummy Raisin Boxes– Super cute, easy idea. You could use this idea to make juice box mummy’s too.
4. Ghost Apple Slices – These ghost shapes are made using a cookie cutter. Reuse the inside bit of the apple in a ghoulish fruit salad. You can get the ghost cookie cutter here.
5. Apple Monsters – I bet you’re wondering what they use for the teeth. I had to zoom in real close before I figured it out.
6. Cheese Monsters – Simple but brilliant! Mini cheese monsters.
7. Frankie Cups (Pinterest) – Frankie Cups to go! Perfect for a Halloween picnic or school treat.
8. Skeleton Veggie Dip – use up all your veggies in the fridge and get creative with this skeleton and dip.
9. Mummy Meatballs – So cute!
10. Jack O’Lantern Pies – Gorgeous!! These would be the cutest desserts served with a little whipped cream or ice cream.
11. Caprese Salad Eyeballs – Got to love these creepy little fellas.
12. Tentacle Pot Pie – The kids would love to make these!!
13. Haunted Cheese and Crackers – reuse your ghost cookie cutter and whip this haunted snack up in no time!
14. Mini Spider Bites – Try out my two ingredient pizza dough and whip up a batch of these mini spider bites.
15. Vomiting Jack – almost too gross to eat!
16.Stuffed Jack O’ Lantern Peppers – Such a cute way to serve pretty much anything.
17. Halloween Snack Dinner –Put it all together on a giant creepy platter.
18. Oozing Meatballs – Halloween Dinner sorted!
19. Creepy Lasagne – Oh my gosh. Don’t know if I’ll sleep after seeing this.
20. Shrunken heads in cider – OK. Definitely making these.
21. Zombie Meatloaf – Too much?
22. Graveyard Taco Dip – Would work with printable gravestones too (and make it a little easier)
23. Spiderweb Taco Dip – Put your sour cream into an icing bag to make the spiderweb drawing on top.
24. Witch Finger Breadsticks – Quick, cheats Halloween recipe that actually turned out good.
25. Halloween Spaghetti – You can get black bean spaghetti for this special occasion here.
26. Rotten Eggs – these look too real.
27. Halloween Jalapeno Poppers – yes please !
28. Freaky Fruit Platter – perfect for the little kids.
29. Screaming Pretzels – they all have unique expressions! I’ll never look at pretzels in the same way again.
30. Cinnamon Roll Pumpkins – These would work beautifully with this clean eating cinnamon scroll recipe.
31. Toxic Waste Mac n Cheese – I’m not sure what to think of this one. I just know I like it.
32. Cockroach Donut – I might be aiming too high with one…. not sure if my skills are up for the challenge.
33. Deep Fried Bat Wings – These are amazing!!
34. Creepy Choc Chip Cookies – Brilliant for a Mom and kids baking afternoon.
35. Halloween Popcorn bags (Pinterest) – Um. For the Moms out there who are looking for that one thing you can throw together in 20 minutes and still look like you tried. You know what I’m talking about.
36. Halloween Pasta Salad – Rocking the purple, green and orange theme.
37. Giant Edible Eyeball – Tell me you don’t want to pop this one open.
38. Graveyard Mousse – I’ll take two.
39. Trapped Mummies – Huh! Clever way to serve up any pie.
40. Monster Cookies – Definitely on the menu.