* We sometimes use affiliate links, so we may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Check our disclosure for more info.
One of the hardest changes I had to make was cleaning up our Breakfasts. For years, I have relied on supermarket cereals – that I often allowed my children to choose. I didn’t realise how much I relied on these instant breakfast options until I began eating clean.
It all came down to being prepared. I had to plan a few clean meals that I knew I could pull together quickly, or even better, my children could make for themselves.
Here are 8 Kid Friendly, Clean Eating breakfasts we make regularly in our home
1. Scrambled Egg on Toast
2. Muesli / Home made Granola
3. Breakfast Smoothies
4. French Toast
5. Oats, Maple Syrup & Cinnamon
6. Banana Muffins
7. Fruit & Yogurt
8. Boiled Eggs & Toast Fingers
1. Scrambled Egg on Toast. This is a fast breakfast option and when coupled with good quality wholegrain bread, provides plenty of protein and complex carbohydrates (the good stuff) to get my children off to good start.
2. Muesli / Home Made Granola. This Kid Friendly Granola is made from only five ingredients and can be stored in jars for an instant breakfast option.
3. Breakfast Smoothies are a great way to get a healthy breakfast into your childrens tummies – FAST. Plus, they are very flexible. you can pretty much add any combination of fruit and they work with dairy and non dairy options. Here are a few Kid friendly Smoothies to get you on your way.
4. French Toast. Soak thick slices of rye bread in a raw egg mix and then the eggy bread fry in a hot non stick pan until both sides are golden brown. Serve with a sprinkling on cinnamon, sliced banana and a drizzle of maple syrup.
5. Oats with Maple Syrup and Cinnamon. The easiest way to do this is to soak your oats in boiling water for around 5 minutes until water is soaked in. Pour a bit of heated milk to thin out the oats and make them creamy. serve with cinnamon, sliced fruit and maple syrup to taste.
6. Banana Muffins. Make these ahead if you know it’s going to be a crazy morning so that you can simply reheat and serve in the morning.
7. Fruit and Yogurt. Always a winner. Any fruit and add Clean Vanilla Yogurt (only two ingredients).
8. Boiled Eggs & Wholegrain Toast. My children love this little meal. I boil up one / two eggs per child. any eggs that don’t get eaten are boiled up a bit more until hard and added to lunchboxes.