Easy breakfast option packed with Spinach. High in iron and protein and best of all, NO SUGAR.
- 1 1/2 cups plain organic flour (Can substitute wholewheat flour here too)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3–4 Cups Sliced fresh Spinach (or Silverbeet).
- 1/2 Cup diced feta cheese
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter (OR other oil)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven to Moderate Oven 350’F / 180’C.
- In a large pan, lightly fry spinach leaves for about 1 – 2 minutes until wilted to 1/3 its size.
- Line or grease a 12 hole muffin tray.
- Mix Flour, baking soda, baking powder until combined.
- Lightly beat eggs in a separate bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to flour mix.
- Stir gently until mixture is just combined. Don’t overmix.
- Spoon evenly into muffin holes and bake for 15 – 20 min until golden brown and firm to touch.
- Category: Breakfast