Family friendly, Clean Eating Carrot Cake with chopped walnuts and cinnamon.
- 2 Cups of Grated Carrots
- 3 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups self raising flour (I use either organic white flour or wholemeal)
- 1/2 cup butter (slightly melted)
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius OR 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Divide mix evenly into 12 hole muffin tray.
- Bake for 15 – 20 min until muffins are golden and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Serve as is or with a dollop of butter.