- 1 lb / 500g ground beef (or chicken)
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil / coconut oil
- 1 large bottle of pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 400’F / 180’C.
- Heat up a pan on the stove. Add a little olive or coconut oil.
- Mix all ingredients (EXCEPT pasta sauce in a bowl),
- Make up little balls (about the size of a walnut or 1 inch wide). Makes about 18-20 meatballs.
- Cook in two batches for around 3 minutes, turning them over until lightly browned all over. They don’t need to be cooked through.
- Place them in an oven proof dish and pour pasta sauce over the top.
- Put into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve on top of wholemeal pasta or wholemeal cous cous.