Cheese and Bacon Bites.
One of my least favorite activities (second only to folding washing) is making school lunches in the morning. No-one should be expected to pull off packing the perfect school lunch before 7am in the morning. No-one.
To make things a little easier, I like to keep a container (aka The Baking Box) of fresh muffins and bars specially for school lunches. Most days lunch boxes consist of a sandwich, one veg, one fruit and one snack taken from the ‘baking box’. These little fellas are regularly included.
Cheese and bacon bites are really versatile. No Sugar so I’m OK with them getting eaten as an easy breakfast option too.
They are a little different to your standard muffin as they are a bit drier and crumbly in texture. Kind of like little savoury scones, so for a bit of variety you can skip the muffin tray and cut out the dough like you would for scones.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bacon
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius / 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 12 hole muffin tray.
- Mix all ingredients together. Spoon evenly into muffin tray and bake for 10 – 12 minutes until golden and firm to touch. Serve with butter.