- 1 Cup Wholemeal Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 Cup of Oats
- 1 Cup of dessicated Coconut
- 1/3 Cup honey
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 180’C / 350F.
- Prepare two 8x13inch baking trays with parchment paper..
- Place flour, oats, coconut, cranberries, sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter and honey together in a saucepan until just melted.
- Combine baking soda and warm water to dissolve and add to butter/honey mixture.
- Immediately add the butter mixture to the flour mixture (as baking soda starts to work as soon as it mixes with the honey) and mix well until well combined.
- Place tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough onto the tray and flatten as much as you can without breaking the cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and let the cookies cook in the tray for around 10 minutes before moving them onto wire racks to cool completely.