A Classic, hearty clean eating chicken casserole that warms the tummy and the heart. This traditional family meal is packed with winter veggies and will have even the fussiest member of your family coming back for more.
- 6 x Chicken thighs cut in half (no skin, no bones)
- 1 x large onion, diced
- 2 x large carrots cut into chunky slices
- 4 x large potatoes diced
- 2 Tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Rosemary
- 1 x garlic gloved finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Cups Vegetable or Chicken Stock (or stock cubes and water)
- Olive oil for frying
- Heat the Oven to 350.F / 180’C
- On the stove top: Add onion and olive oil to a large ovenproof pan and cook until onion has softened.
- Add chicken pieces to pan and cook until juices have evaporated and meat starts to brown. Add flour, stock, herbs, garlic, pepper. Stir while you bring casserole back to the boil. Cover with the lid and place in the oven. (You can also cook completely on the stove top). I prefer the oven as less attention is needed.
- Cook for around 25 -30 minutes then add potatoes and carrots. Taste and add salt if needed.Cook for a further 20 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Clean Eating