* We sometimes use affiliate links, so we may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Check our disclosure for more info.
Clean Eating Classic Margherita Pizza
OMG. I could eat this all over again.
Pizza is my family’s favorite food. As in, I become Mom of the decade on Pizza night. We used to order it in a box from our local Pizza takeaway and get it delivered to our door in 27 minutes flat. I know this because they had a little GPS app thingy pop up on my computer screen which showed me EXACTLY where our pizza order was at any time and any place on the planet.
It was all a little too easy. And it was a flaw in our Clean Eating plan. One thing you notice when you first start eating Clean is that there never seems to be any food in your cupboards – only ingredients. We may still have been ordering our pizza in a box, with me turning a blind eye, except for the fact that we now live in the middle of nowhere and takeaway pizza would require am overnight stay away from home. OK, maybe not that far, but its still a helluva lot quicker to make our own. The distance issue coupled with the fact that a I use a two ingredient pizza dough (which is downright delicious and you can get it here), means that we have resorted to adding Pizza to our Clean Eating menu.
So, first up was to recreate the classic Margherita with baby tomatoes,chewy mozzarella and a handful of fresh basil. This pizza is so easy to make and doesn’t require yeast or time waiting for dough to rise. Oh, and to top it, it tastes Amazing!
I know this seems a bit too easy. There must be a catch. Surely a two ingredient crust can’t be as good as the ‘real thing’. Oh boy are you in for a surprise. Wish I was there to see your face when you bite into your pizza for the first time.
Classic Clean Eating Margherita Pizza
- Prepared large Pizza dough base .
- 1/4 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese grated or thinly sliced.
- 6 baby tomatoes
- fresh basil
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius or 320 degree Fahrenheit.
- To make your pizza: Spread tomato pizza sauce all over base. Sprinkle a generous serve of mozzarella and top with baby tomatoes and fresh basil.
- Place pizza on a flat oven tray and bake for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.