Classic Clean Eating Vanilla Sponge made with 7 real food ingredients. This is the recipe I use for all my children’s birthday cakes. It’s simple, delicious and turns out perfectly every time. Everything a birthday cake should be!
- 2 1/2 Cups Organic Plain Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Cup Organic, Raw Sugar
- 250g softened Butter (not hot)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups whole Milk (or Almond Milk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat Oven to 325F / 160C
- Mix all ingredients together with an electric mixer for about 1 min until all combined.
- Spoon into a greased and lined cake tray. I use an 18cm round tin with the bottom that comes away.
- Bake for 1hr 15 min.
- Cool in tin for a few minutes and then turn onto a wire wrack for cooling.
- Decorate as needed (Cream and strawberries are always a hit at our place)
- Category: Clean Eating Birthday Cake
- Cuisine: Clean Eating