Cook this rich and tasty beef stew in the crockpot. Super easy and one of my favourite budget meals to serve a ton of people. It makes 10 – 12 serves in one go.
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves (finely sliced)
- 2 lb / 800g beef diced into 1 inch thick slices (these will break apart and shrink on cooking)
- 5 medium potatoes (cut into quarters)
- 3 carrots sliced
- 3 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 2 tablespoons plain flour to thicken.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- STEP 1: cut up onion, garlic and beef and pop it in the crockpot.
- STEP 2: Cook on high for 4 hours.
- STEP 3: peel potatoes and carrots, cut them up to add to crockpot along with 3 cups of vegetable stock.
- STEP 4: Cook for another 1 hour until vegetables are soft.
- STEP 5: Mix 2 tablespoons of flour and 1/4 cup cold water until smooth. Add to beef stew. Let it come back to the boil and stir while its thickening. This takes about 30 seconds.
- Serve with Brown Rice.
- Cuisine: Dinner