- 1 Cup uncooked brown Rice
- 1/2 cup uncooked Quinoa
- 4 Chicken thigh fillets, sliced into small strips.
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Cups of Mixed Vegetables (I used broccoli, grated cabbage and sliced carrots for this recipe)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 mild chilli finely sliced (Optional)
- In a large pot, bring rice and Quinoa plus 4 cups of water to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes until rice is soft and not too chewy. Remove from heat and allow rice to slowly absorb excess water.
- Heat up a fry pan. Add onions, garlic, ginger (plus chilli if you are using it) and cook until soft. Add chicken and cook until cooked through and lightly browned.
- Add Vegetables to your chicken and lightly fry until just tender.
- Add Rice to the chicken and vegetables and mix through. Fry for a few minutes until the rice makes that delicious sounding frying sound and all moisture is gone from the bottom of the pan.