This is the best recipe for any Chocolate Lover! Milk Chocolate that is actually good for you and tastes Amazing at the same time. We ate the entire batch straight away – Without feeling even a teeny weeny bit of guilt!
My Daughter decided to give up Dairy. Which is a little inconvenient in a family that has always eaten dairy – That’s a whole other story which I promise I will come back to in a later post. And that meant giving up her favorite food – Chocolate. After some a lot of trial and error we came up with a recipe that can replace Chocolate!!! You won’t believe me until you try it, but it’s for real! Try it for fun and let me know what you think.
A Couple things about the Recipe:
- The Chocolate tastes like dark chocolate, so if you want a more ‘Milk chocolate’ taste then replace honey with maple syrup and add an extra tablespoon of maple and then reduce the cocoa by 1 tablespoon.
- If you refrigerate instead of freeze, you will get a mousse consistency. So the recipe works really, really well as a dairy free chocolate mousse too. Just double the recipe to make 4 serves of chocolate mousse.
- Don’t forget to rub a little coconut butter in your ice tray so that the chocolate slides out easily (you can see I missed this step and had to hack my chocolate squares out the tray).
Insanely good Clean Eating Chocolate!! Seriously – this stuff rocks! Plus it’s Gluten and Dairy Free!
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat up a saucepan on the stove.
- Melt Coconut Butter. Add honey, vanilla and cocoa. Stir and remove from heat at soon as it starts to boil.
- Stir in Coconut cream.
- Mixture will start to thicken immediately.
- Spoon into ice tray.
- Allow to harden in Freezer for 1 – 2 hours.
- Store in a Container in the freezer.