This clean eating chocolate pudding recipe is made for those of us looking for a healthier chocolate pudding option that tastes amazing, is mostly good for us and definitely doesn’t contain avocado. Oh and it tastes like it’s meant to – like chocolate!
More Clean Eating Desserts
I say No to Avo.
In my dessert anyway.
There is a too popular trend going around trying to convince us that it’s a great idea to put avocado in our chocolate pudding.
I don’t know about you, but I just don’t like the idea of avocado in my chocolate pud. I’m convinced I still taste the avo no matter how much cocoa you add to the mix. Ugh! But maybe it’s just me…..
So What makes this Chocolate Pudding different?
- It’s bloody delicious, that’s what!
- Thick, creamy, chocolaty.
- And did I mention … YUM!
- Everything a dessert is meant to be. And it’s mostly good for you.
- Let’s be honest. Who wants their dessert to taste like a salad? No-one. Ever.
- This pudding is a pudding that tastes exactly the way it’s meant to – like chocolate!
- 2 cups cold milk
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL: ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Heat milk, cocoa, maple syrup and salt in a saucepan.
- While that's heating, whisk together arrowroot powder and coconut milk. Once smooth, add to the warm milk mixture.
- Keep stirring as mixture will thicken quickly and you don't want lumps in your pudding. Bring to the boil and remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and OPTIONAL Choc chips. Stir slowly until chocolate has melted and combined.
- Pour into bowls to set.
- Serves 4-6.
- You can serve this warm and gooey (for those of you in a hurry) or refrigerate. It just gets better if it's cold!