- 2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Heat milk, cocoa, maple syrup and salt in a saucepan.
- While that’s heating, whisk together arrowroot powder and coconut milk. Once smooth, add to the warm milk mixture.
- Keep stirring as mixture will thicken quickly and you don’t want lumps in your pudding. Bring to the boil and remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and OPTIONAL Choc chips. Stir slowly until chocolate has melted and combined.
- Pour into bowls to set.
- Serves 4-6.
- You can serve this warm and gooey (for those of you in a hurry) or refrigerate. It just gets better if it’s cold!