* We sometimes use affiliate links, so we may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Check our disclosure for more info.
Already dreading the tide of hungry after school kids? Whether you are looking for that simple, perfect healthy after school snack or really want to impress a hungry crowd of kids (and their parents) – this clean eating cinnamon apple crisp recipe is easy to make and is a winner every time.
I work on one apple per child, so if I’m making a batch at home I usually slice up four apples. This makes just enough for all four kids and myself. When I make a batch of these for a shared lunch at school I squeeze three trays in the oven which works out to around 6 – 8 apples. I know you are thinking “Ah huh She’s that kind on Mom that only serves cut up carrots at a birthday party”. OK, so I do serve cut up carrots at birthday parties, but don’t judge this one – ALL the kids love these.
The trick to getting these cinnamon apple crisps perfectly curled and crispy is to:
1. bake them on low for long.
2. Slice them really thin.
Don’t worry if you break a few while cutting. Half crisps taste just as good.
If I’m in a hurry and I have a lot to crisps to make, I use my Apple Slinky machine to slice and core the apple.You can get through 8 apples in around a minute. The only issue with this is that it cuts out the pretty little apple star in the middle and a really like the look of it. The great thing about it is that it turns a regular ol’ apple into the most desired piece of fruit in the kitchen. My kids line up to make apple slinkys.
Clean Eating Cinnamon Apple Crisps
- Fresh Apple 1 per person
- Heat Oven to 150C / 300F
- Slice apples finely using a sharp knife or Apple Slicing Machine
- Place sliced apples on an oven tray prepared with non stick baking paper.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes until apples crisps are dry and curly.