Looking for a Classic Clean Eating Banana Bread that the family will love? This banana bread recipe is simple Clean Eating at it’s best. Made old school style with a few real food ingredients that you most probably already have in your kitchen, a mixing bowl and a wooden spoon. This recipe has no surprises and I guarantee that you will be making it again and again.
More Classic Clean Eating Recipes
The Getting Started with Real Food Dilemma
When we started cutting processed foods in our home, I went overboard. I bought every exotic ingredient and tried the most ridiculous recipes. My family dreaded new dishes and honestly, my food tasted horrible. I fell for every new proclaimed ‘wonder food’ on the market. And it sucked. I knew I had to find a balance that would work for our family or I was going to end up quitting. I was disappointed with myself because my kids wouldn’t eat lentil casserole or chickpea burgers like ‘those other Moms Kids’. And secretly, even though I showed a brave face at the dinner table, I didn’t like those foods either.
I decided to go about it my way and forget about what other people were doing. Clean Eating isn’t complicated. Its simply a commonsense approach to eating real, unprocessed food. As a mom of four kids I know how important it is that the food you make is not only healthy but tastes good too. No point in spending time and money creating a dish only to scrape it in the bin later. It’s really disheartening. I want my kids to like what I’m serving; food is meant to be enjoyed, not fought over.
Our Real Food lifestyle began with tweaking the food we were already eating and introducing a couple classic Clean Eating Recipes along the way. And it worked. By making a few small changes, we were easily able to clean up our diet by at least 80% without a fuss.
Classic Clean Eating Recipes
Having a few Classic Clean Eating Recipes that you know your family likes makes the job of cutting processed foods a whole lot easier.
Classic Recipes are recipes that you:
- Make regularly,
- Often know by heart (if will soon)
- Can Guarantee your family will like
- Are Certain that will turn out perfectly every time, and
- Generally have the ingredients in your kitchen at all times.
This Clean Eating Banana Bread Recipe is all of the above.
Couple of Recipe Tips
- Use one bowl for mixing – it makes clean up easy.
- The best bananas to use are the over ripe ones with the brown spots.
- You can substitute the honey for maple syrup or raw sugar.
- Double up on the recipe whenever you can and freeze one loaf for later.
Looking for a Classic Clean Eating Banana Bread that the family will love? This banana bread recipe is simple Clean Eating at it’s best. Made old school style with 8 real food ingredients that you most probably already have in your kitchen. This recipe has no surprises and I guarantee that you will be making it again and again.
- 4 medium Bananas (very ripe and mashed)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 Cup Wholewheat Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a 4×8-inch loaf pan.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until just combined. Pour into loaf tin and level.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes. or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Check after 45 minutes because oven temperatures can vary.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before slicing.