Classic Oven Tray Chicken Recipe with a mild lemon taste. Served with a side of creamy Garlic, butter, thyme & Rosemary Sauce. This is a beautiful to look at, great tasting dinner dish that will please the family or the fussiest of dinner guests. Really, really good!
- 6 – 8 Pieces of Chicken (Thighs or Legs) – bone in, skin on
- Zest of 1 lemons (2 – 3 teaspoons)
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 Cup melted Butter
- 2 Cloves of Garlic Crushed
- 2 Teaspoons dried thyme (OR two tablespoons fresh thyme)
- 1 teaspoon dried Rosemary (OR 1 Tablespoon fresh Rosemary)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Full Cream
- 1 Cube Organic Chicken Stock
- Preheat Oven to 180C / 350F
- Mix everything together – except the butter and chicken.
- Coat the the chicken in the lemon and herb sauce and let it sit for about half an hour in the fridge. NOTE: Not a big deal if you skip this step – If I am short of time, I just move straight to the cooking.
- Pour the melted butter over the chicken and use your hands to rub the herbs and butter into the chicken skin.
- Bake for 30 – 40 Minutes. Check on the chicken as cooking time may vary depending on the size of chicken pieces used. Juices should run clear to make sure chicken is cooked all the way to the bone.
- TO MAKE THE SAUCE: Remove cooked chicken from the oven tray and set aside. Place oven tray on the stove top and add around 3/4 cup boiling water and 1 organic chicken or vegetable stock cube. Bring to the boil and simmer to reduce slightly. Stir to unstick any flavor stuck to the pan. Remove from heat and add cream. Serve immediately.
- Serve with rice, potato bake and steamed or sauteed vegetables.
- Cuisine: Clean Eating Dinner