- 2 x chicken breasts or 4 x thigh fillets cut into quarters (approx 500g / 1/2lb)
- 1 x sweet potato, peeled and diced.
- 1 x onion diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 cup uncooked wholewheat couscous
- Preheat oven to 180.C / 350’F
- Mix together: ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander, paprika, oil to make a paste. Mix paste and chicken until chicken is well coated.
- Place chicken, lentils, sweet potato, onion and stock in an oven dish. Cover with lid or foil and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and stir through uncooked couscous. Cover.
- Allow to stand for 10-15 minutes until couscous has absorbed all the sauce.
- Serve with a spoon of Greek Yogurt and shredded mint leaves (OPTIONAL).
- Category: One Pot
- Cuisine: Clean Eating