Kid Friendly Clean Eating Muesli bars (or Breakfast Granola if you break it up)
You may have most of them already in your pantry and all come from my Clean Eating With Kids Shopping List (Which you can download here). In fact, they are SO easy, even the kids (or dad) can make them.
I make these regularly as they are perfect for kids lunches and mum (with a hot cup of tea. Ahhh Bliss).
1/2 cup flour (I use wholemeal, but almond flour works well too. Use Self Raising or add 1/4tsp baking powder if you want them to rise slightly, otherwise plain for a flatter, crunchier bar)
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup peanuts or other nuts
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 cup oats
- Preheat oven to around 170 degree Celsius.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place in greased or baking paper lined tray.
- Press down flat (around 1-2 cm thickness is good).
- Bake for around 15-20 min until slightly brown in top.
- Take out if oven and cut into squares while hot.
- Muesli bars will get crispy on cooling.
- You can replace the nuts with pretty much any type of nut, sunflower seed, raisins or diced dried fruit such as apricots. Choc Chips can be added as a special treat.
- Store in airtight container to keep crunch.