- 1/4 cup Pine nuts
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (firmly compacted)
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves (firmly compacted)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add spinach, basil and pinenuts to the food processor. Whizz until roughly chopped and combined.
- Add cheese and garlic. Mix again until well combined. This is the stage that you decide on the texture of the pesto. I like mine a little chunky.
- Pour half the oil into your mix and pulse once or twice. then add the remaining oil and pulse again. Don’t overmix. The oil is just there to find the sauce together.
- Give your pesto a taste. Add salt and pepper as needed.