An easy, veggie loaded Clean Eating Breakfast that you literally throw together in a couple of minutes and let the oven do the rest of the work.
This Clean Eating Crustless Spinach and Feta Quiche is a classic favorite in our house, but feel free to add your own choice of veggies to mix it up a bit. It’s a great recipe if you’re trying to reduce the amount a meat you’re eating. Enjoy it for breakfast or add a side salad and bulk it up for lunch or meat free dinner recipe.
Breakfasts are my most repetitive meal. Lately, we’ve been having smoothies in the morning. Every morning. They are easy and REALLY quick to whip up – but I’m getting a little bored.
I swear our blender has been working for 30 days in a row. So I thought I’d surprise the family with this golden oldy – crustless spinach and feta quiche. It doesn’t take long to assemble, and it’s worth the wait.
- I use organic cheddar cheese in mine,but mozzerella cheese works well too
- If you are using frozen spinach, you will need to thaw it out first and squeeze as much of the water out as possible as excess moisture will effect cook time.
- Everyones oven seems to be unique. Watch your quiche in the final 10 minutes of cooking. It will look golden, but you will need to touch the top to feel if it’s ‘spongy’ or if it still feels ‘wet’. If still alittle soft,then allow to cook for a few extra minutes
- Customise your Quiche: Cooked mushrooms, cooked leeks, leftover pumpkin, chopped broccoli, sliced red peppers all work well with this recipe. Raid your fridge for leftovers and see how creative you can be with this your own quiche creations.
Storing and Reheating your Quiche
I’ve never been a big fan of reheating quiche. You can most definitely refrigerate for up to 3 days (seal it in an airtight container) and many Moms have said that it freezes well. Simply thaw and reheat in the oven before eating.
But, I prefer to eat this quiche the same day.
HOW TO MAKE CLEAN EATING SPINACH QUICHE
Clean Eating Spinach Quiche
- Preheat oven to 370F / 180CLine a 9" pie pan with baking paper (or grease well with olive oil if you are not using baking paper)
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil (mild tasting to a pan). Fry your diced onion for 5 - 8 minutes until softened. Add crushed garlic and fry for an additional 1 minute. Remove from stove and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl: whisk eggs and yogurt until smooth. Add salt, pepper, oregano. Stir in all the other ingredients: cheese, cooked onion and garlic, crumbles feta and spinach.
- Pour your quiche mix into your prepped pie pan and bake for 35 - 40 minutes until your quiche is golden and feels set to the touch. Allow the quiche to cool for 5 - 10 minutes before cutting as this gives it time to set firmer.