Clean Eating Taco Seasoning
Oh yes. You can make this at home. Clean Eating Taco Seasoning with 100% dried herbs from your pantry. And the family won’t even know the difference.
I always smile when I do this – try and recreate the taste of a food that we used to buy in the Supermarket. If you think about it, it’s a bit silly. But it does make things a bit easier when you first start clean eating. Some Kids (3 out of my 4) are a bit like a deer in headlights when you try and change their routine. They come to a screeching halt.
As the kids get used to the taste of my ‘new and improved’, clean eating way of cooking, I can be a bit more creative and experimental in the kitchen and introducing a new ingredient or food isn’t met with the “Oh no! Mom trying something new” look of panic.
Play with the flavour if you need to. I have little kids and teenagers so I try and find a happy medium of ‘hotness’. There is definitely room to add more chilli. If you are making this for bigger kids, then add 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon ground chilli for a little kick.
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients together.
- This makes enough to season around 500g / 1 lb of mined beef.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool spot in your pantry.