- 1 lb (500g) beef or chicken mince
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for coking)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- Taco Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 10 Taco Shells
- Salad Ingredients: Lettuce, tomato, grated cheese, cucumber, shredded cabbage, grated carrot etc.
- Sour Cream and Grated Cheese to Serve
- Taco Mince: Heat up the oil in a large saucepan. Add mince and cook until juices have evaporated and met begins to brown. Add Taco Seasoning. Fry lightly while stirring for about a minute. Add the water and tomato puree. Lt the meat sauce simmer for about 8 – 10 minutes until liquid has reduced to about half (you can cook for longer if you like a thicker, less saucy mince). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat your tacos in the oven (400F for 3 – 5 min) until slightly toasted.
- Stuff your Taco with salad, mince, Sour Cream and enjoy!