Clean Eating Tzatziki (Or Creamy Cucumber Dip)
Tzaziki, Zaziki, Tza … Agh! There is always that word that you just can’t seem to get out of your mouth correctly. I can read it perfectly in my head but when I try and say it out loud, well, it doesnt happen that smoothly. So when I dish it up for my family, it simply goes by the name: Creamy Cucumber Dip (or Salad).
Traditionally, this Greek Sauce is made with Dill (see the original version here) , but I always have mint growing in the garden, so in our home the recipe has slowly evolved to include mint instead.
This Cucumber Dip is very handy. We eat it on its own, use it as a dip, dollop it on top of beef or chicken wraps and even use it as a side for Curry. Right now I’m actually thinking how good it would be spooned onto a baked potato. Damn. Now I’m hungry.
- 2 Cups of diced Cucumber (or one long skinny one)
- 1 Cup thick Greek Yogurt (the thicker the better)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- Mix all ingredients together and chill for about 10 min. Best served cold.