* We sometimes use affiliate links, so we may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Check our disclosure for more info.
This Crazy Good Cucumber Tomato Salad is guaranteed to please the fussiest crowd. It’s bright, cheerful and smothered in a sweet balsamic vinaigrette dressing that’s good enough to eat with a spoon.
So you’ve got the side salad sorted, but what do you serve it with? One of our favorite ways to eat this salad is with BBQ grilled chicken and crispy roast potato sides. It also makes a delicious, fresh salsa topping on pretty much anything!
Fast Weeknight Dinner Idea
For a quick and easy dinner, transform this classic salad into a deluxe chicken salad by adding grilled chicken breast pieces and these two ingredient soft homemade tortillas (coz’ you’re going to want to scoop up every bit on your plate).
More Fast Dinner Ideas
- 12 Super Fast Healthy Family Dinner Recipes (That take 20 minutes or LESS to Make)
- Clean Eating Chicken & Pineapple Skewers
- Quick Clean Eating Fried Rice
Classic Cucumber Tomato Salad
We all need a few classic salads up our sleeves. The best type of salads are those you can make with regular ingredients and work just as well as a weeknight side salad or something that gets devoured first at a potluck.
How to Make an AMAZING Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
STEP 1 Mix up the INCREDIBLE Sweet balsamic DRESSING!! Made with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, runny honey, Dijon mustard and dried Oregano. It makes 1/2 cup of dressing so there is plenty to go round.
STEP 2: Chop up your veggies. I like to make sure everything is a little smaller than bite size, so you can fit a little of everything in your mouth when you take a fork full.
• Cucumber (the long variety with minimal seeds). If you need to use a cucumber with bigger seeds, then scrape out the seeds first)
• Cherry tomatoes
• Red pepper – any color pepper will do, I just like to use the red one as I find it oh so slightly sweeter than the other colors.
STEP 3: Mix salad and HALF the dressing together. Keep the remaining dressing for those who want a little extra on serving.
GET THE RECIPE
Cucumber Tomato Salad
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil mild tasting
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp dried oregano
Cucumber tomato salad
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ red onion (about 1/4 cup)
- ½ red pepper (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 Avocado chopped
- Salad Dressing: Mix all salad dressing ingredients together.
- Cucumber tomato Salad: mix all ingredients together. Pour ½ the salad dressing over the salad. This also prevents the Avocado going brown too quickly. Keep the remaining dressing for serving.