* We sometimes use affiliate links, so we may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Check our disclosure for more info.
An easy, healthy family friendly dinner recipe that is ready to eat in 20 minutes. Serve these Clean Eating Lemon Butter Fish fillets with some baby potatoes and a fresh side salad for a quick weeknight meal.
Easy Weeknight Dinner
This simple dish is one of our family favorites. I serve it with baby potatoes and a side salad or my crazy easy homemade potato bake.
My husband loves fishing (thank goodness, because I don’t). When Summer time comes round, he sees it as his personal mission to supply our family with locally caught fish fillets.
My freezer gets stocked with line caught, lovingly prepped fish fillets. His OCD comes out as each pack is perfectly portioned, labelled and dated. Personally, I don’t know why he bothers. I use up every bit of fish before the Summer ends.
It makes him so happy.
Look how cute and happy he is with the fish he bought home.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON BUTTER BAKED FISH
Did I mention that this was an easy recipe to make?
- It’s just a matter of mixing your garlic butter basting and pouring it over your fresh fish fillets.
- Then pop your fish in the heated oven (200’C / 400F).
- Baking your fish should take around 10 minutes, so don’t wonder off or get distracted by what the kids are doing. You know your fish is cooked when it flakes easily (test a piece with a fork) and it’s white inside. Uncooked fish appears a bit translucent and doesn’t flake well. You may need to add a couple minutes if your fish fillets are a little thicker.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH YOUR BAKED FISH FILLETS
I have three ways that I like to serve up baked fish:
- OPTION 1 – Serve with a side of mashed potato, fresh steamed greens (asparagus, beans,peas or broccoli) and a white parsley sauce.
- OPTION 2 – this creamy potato bake and a side salad (this is a great option of you need to feed a crowd).
- OPTION 3 – with a side of boiled baby potatoes and a salad.
- OPTION 4 – (and this is always a family favorite) chunky oven baked fries for a healthy fish and chips kind of dinner.
[mv_create title=”Easy Lemon Butter Baked Fish ” key=”1″ type=”recipe”]