Introducing one of our family’s school lunchbox favorites – the Cheese and Zucchini Slice. It’s super easy to make and the kids absolutely love it! Pop this healthy slice in their lunchbox any day of the week and you will see some smiles. It is also a really quick and tasty midweek hot or cold dinner option. Simply add a side salad and it’s guaranteed to be a hit.
Slices are one of my personal favorites when it comes to choosing what to put in school lunches. They are pretty easy to make and bake and can be sliced into small or big slices depending on the appetite of the child you are feeding. This cheesy zucchini slice is no exception.
It’s one of those ‘mix everything in a bowl and pop it in the oven’ kinda recipes that turns out perfectly every time.
This Cheese and Zucchini slice is a family classic. It’s healthy, tasty and a hit with all ages.
Simple Real Food Ingredients
Made with everyday real food ingredients you most probably already have in your kitchen:<
Olive oil or butter
Salt & Pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or softened butter)
- 4 tablespoon plain flour (gluten free or wholewheat)
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 3 Eggs
- ¾ cup cheese (grated).
- Salt and pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL: ¼ cup sliced ham or chopped spring onions
- Preheat oven to 180'C / 350F. Line a baking dish with grease paper. I use a 20cm x 15cm pan this time.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Place in baking dish and use a spatula to evenly spread out on the dish.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until lightly golden.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Store in a tupperware in the fridge for up to 3 days.