** Family Favorite** Nothing beats a smooth, creamy, steaming hot bowl of chicken soup on a rainy afternoon. Nothing. This yummy bowl of homemade chicken soup goodness is what childhood memories are made of.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 cup fresh leek, sliced
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/4 cup carrot, diced
2 Cups Chicken Stock
2 Cups of Milk
3 Tablespoons plain flour
Salt and pepper
1 Cup shredded cooked chicken
- Melt butter in pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery and leeks. Cook until soft,
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Slowly stir in chicken stock and milk. Keep stirring as soup thickens to prevent lumps forming.
- Simmer over medium heat until soup thickens.
- For a smoother soup, use a stick blender to blend or transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- OPTIONAL: Add shredded chicken (see options below)
- Serve with fresh sour dough bread or crunchy croutons.
There are a few variations you can make with this soup, simply replace the shredded chicken with any of these ingredients below:
Cream of mushroom soup: Add sliced mushrooms
Cream of Asparagus soup: Add fresh or bottled Asparagus
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Clean Eating
Keywords: cream of chicken soup