* We sometimes use affiliate links, so we may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Check our disclosure for more info.
A gorgeous, slow cooked golden vegetable soup packed with fresh ingredients and then blended until smooth and creamy. Hmmm mmmm. Gold in a bowl, Baby!
Homemade vegetable soup is one of those classic recipes every Mom should know how to make. This is my slow cooker version, but you can make it on the stove top too, just adjust cooking times as it only takes around 30 in a pot.
The texture of the soup is thick and creamy, and kid friendly. Serve with some toasted wholegrain bread for a complete, hearty meal or on it’s own for a lighter option (A big bowl of this soup is LESS than 100 calories).
Zero Waste Recipe
Don’t let your vegetables get sad and wilted in the bottom fridge drawer. This recipe gives you an opportunity to give them new life.
Can you Freeze Vegetable Soup?
YES you can!! In fact, I recommend it! Consider a little gift to your future self. Finding a frozen, ready made soup in the freezer literally makes your day.
How long can you keep it in the Freezer
I have a freezer rule. I don’t keep things longer than three months in my freezer – I just don’t do it. If we haven’t eaten it in three months, chances are we won’t. So I make a point of using of freezer food before it reaches its three month deadline. Use freezer labels to track the day you packed the food in the freezer and if you want to be super organised, download my Printable ONE PAGE Freezer inventory here (it’s free!!).
Handy Freezer Tools
Learning to use your Freezer effectively will save you a ton of time and money. These are some of the the freezer tools you will find really helpful.
- Freezer Friendly containers
- Removable Freezer labels (that you don’t need to scrub off your containers every time you use them)
- This stand and pour bag filler (it’s brilliant!!)
How many Servings does this recipe make?
The recipe allows for 6 – 8 serves (this can vary due to appetites and bowl size). There is a little serving size box where you can type in how many servings you want to make and the ingredients are automatically calculated for you.
How to Make Golden Vegetable Soup
Kitchen Tools you will need:
- Slow Cooker
- Stick Blender or Regular Blender
- Knife and Chopping Board
- Fresh Vegetables – leek, onion, broccoli, sweet potato, potatoes, carrots,
- Herbs & spices – dried Oregano, salt and black pepper, fresh coriander
- Other – vegetable stock
GOLDEN VEGETABLE SOUP
Clean Eating Golden Vegetable Soup
- Slow Cooker
- Stick Blender
- Cutting Board
- 1 whole leek Finely sliced, white bits only
- 1 onion Finely diced
- 1/2 head broccoli roughly chopped
- 1 large sweet potato Peeled and chopped
- 2 medium potatoes Chopped
- 2 medium carrots Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups Vegetable stock
- 4 cups Hot Water
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Coriander (To serve, so this is optional)
- Turn your Slow Cooker to High Chop all vegetables (the smaller you cut them, the faster they will cook) and pop them into the slow cookerAdd stock, water, Oregano, salt and pepper. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours until all vegetables are soft.Use your stick blender to blend until smooth. If you are using a regular blender, you will need to transfer the soup in batches to the blender. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh coriander