* We sometimes use affiliate links, so we may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Check our disclosure for more info.
Looking for something to feed the kids other than sugary boxed breakfast cereal? This recipe makes 5 cups of deliciously crunchy homemade peanut butter granola that the kids will love to eat!
- 5 Things we Found Really tough when we started Eating Real Food as a Family
- 22 Clean eating School Run Breakfasts (that the Kids can eat in the car or on the bus)
- 5 Fast Breakfasts for kids for Busy Mornings
One of the things I really struggled with when introducing my family to a Real Food lifestyle was “What to feed them for Breakfast”.
We had been eating processed boxed cereals for a long time and if I’m being honest, it was so convenient.
It’s quick, cheap and, let’s face it, the kids flippin’ love it. It’s so full of sugar it’s like sweeties in a box – for breakfast. Of course they love it!
Trying to cook a ‘from scratch’ breakfast for the family was taking its toll. I was rushed, stressed and overwhelmed every morning. I had to find an easier way to get healthy breakfasts sorted during the week or I knew I would give up.
A Boxed Cereal Alternative
As Mom’s we need to think a little smarter when it comes to weekday breakfast times. It’s a busy time of day so any time saving trick is always welcome. Keeping the pantry stocked with a couple fast breakfast options can make the morning flow a little smoother. A jar or two of Homemade Granola will go a long way to getting the kids out the door with a good, healthy breakfast in their tummies.
How to Make Homemade Granola
Homemade Granola is surprisingly easy to make. Once you get the hang of it, you will be a raving fan. Most recipes consist of only two little baby baking steps:
- Mix everything in a bowl
- Bake for around 30 min.
It’s actually so super easy that it’s one of the things I do weekly to make sure we have a couple of jars in the pantry all the time. It’s like making your very own breakfast cereal – except it’s healthy!
FREE PRINTABLE LABEL: Peanut Butter Granola
With kids presentation is everything. When I figured out this sneaky little trick, my Homemade Granola became a new breakfast favorite overnight. And all I did was add a little label to the jar. Yup! Mommy marketing at it’s best. And it looks super cute on the shelf too.
You can download the printable label here –> Peanut Butter Granola Label
Print it out, cut it out and stick it on your Jar for the finished product.
Peanut Butter Granola
- Preheat oven to 160'C / 320F.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. The easiest way to do this is with your hands. You want to get everything well mixed and evenly coated with honey and peanut butter.
- Spread out mixture on the baking tray and bake for 30 minutes. Stir once or twice during cooking to make sure granola is evenly cooked.
- Serve with yogurt or chilled milk.