Who doesn’t like to feel a little loved? No-one. That’s who. It’s not even a trick question. And nothing says ‘I love you’ like a loved up lunch box. Spread the love this Valentines day by constructing a DIY love themed lunchbox for your family. Here are 10 Fun and Easy DIY Valentine Lunchbox Ideas to get you started.
So, how do we start constructing the perfect Love Lunchbox?
Let’s Start with the food.
Here are 6 Healthy Valentine Treats that look amazing and – best of all – you don’t need to be a chef to make them look like the one in the picture. Simple Mom skills are adequate.
- How cute are these little Cupid Kebabs from Parenting.com?
- Butterfly baggies (these were made by The Daily Mom) are a super clever way to make even the drabbest snack look amazing. Fill with nuts, fruit, dried fruit, cheese, pretzels. Pretty much anything.
- Bliss Balls are always a hit. This batch of Strawberry Energy Balls (recipe on Eatwell.com) are easy to make, healthy and don’t melt by mid morning. And did I mention they are Pink!
4. Choc Dipped Strawberries. Strawberries + Melted Choc + Sprinkles.
5. Heart Shaped fruit salad like this bowl from DesignerLife. And if you are like me and can’t bear the thought of wasting the bits in between the heart shapes, then simply add all the leftover fruit to the blender and blend for 30 – 40 seconds on high to make a fruit puree to pour into icy Popsicle molds for a healthy after school snack.
6. Heart Shaped Mozzarella, cherry tomato and basil leaf salad drizzled with balsamic vinegar. OMG!!
Want even more Healthy Snack Inspiration? Here is my complete cheat sheet list of 50 Quick and Easy Healthy Clean Eating Snack Ideas (click on image below to print).
A Little Red.
And well. … that’s it actually.
Choose Valentines coloured foods and go crazy with your heart shaped cookie cutter that’s been gathering dust in the back of the bottom drawer. You only get to pull them out once or twice a year – so go nuts! Here are a few examples of gorgeous Valentine lunchboxes from BettyCrocker.com
Next. We Need to Make it Memorable
This is what I call the ‘Knock it out the Park‘ part.
And it never ever fails. All you need to do is make them smile by adding or doing something a little silly and out of the ‘Mom kind of ordinary’.
Here are a few things to get those smiles happening:
7. Add some confetti. I double wrap their sandwich with lunch paper and add confetti to the second layer so that it falls out when they open their sandwich. Always a winner.
8. Print off a corny joke. I love this Free Printable from Kristen Duke.
And Finally, the Murphys Law Clause:
If all else fails and the morning just doesn’t go to plan. Don’t panic. Valentines Day is not over yet! You can still pull this off. Write the message straight on the fruit using an edible marker. Here are some I found on Cakewhiz. Brilliant!
You might want to browse through a few of these 25 Healthy Party Food Ideas too.