A simple, classic 4 ingredient breakfast smoothie made by blending frozen (or fresh) mango, orange, banana and coconut milk. Packed with a healthy dose of daily Vitamins, protein and essential minerals to boost you into your new day with an extra spring in your step.
–>> GRAB YOUR FREE COPY NOW: For a Limited time, you can get my Clean Eating Breakfast Recipe eBook for Free. It will be selling for $9 soon, but for now I’ve made it Free to say thank you for taking the time to check out my website. Hope you enjoy it!
The Classic Tropical Breakfast Smoothie
This is a delicious classic smoothie that we make ALL the time at our place. Creamy, sweet and all the flavors of Summer. Which is brilliant because our Winter is creeping in faster than I would like. I definitely don’t feel like I’m ready for that cold and dark school run yet. Actually, are you ever ready for those?
Some mornings my children just aren’t ready to eat a big breakfast. Two of them always wake up starving and start eating before their eyes are even open. The other two don’t get hungry until they start to move about. For these two I pour their smoothies into a wide mouthed smoothie bottle and they drink it on the bus on the way to school. I think it’s their favorite part of the day.
Maybe I’ve mentioned it before, but I’m a big smoothie fan. You can get even the fussiest of kids to drink pretty much any fruit or vegetable with a little deceptive blending. But for me, a morning smoothie is more than just a way of getting good food into our kids.
My youngest daughter has anxiety. And if you have anxiety or have a child with anxiety, then I think you what I mean when I say that I’m not sure if it’s something she will ever ‘get rid of’, but over the years there are a few things we’ve learned to help minimize the emotions and stress she feels in her day to day life.
This small routine of packing a morning smoothie gets her on the school bus.
It sounds like a small feat, but it’s a big thing in her day that little walk from the car to the bus. This little smoothie in her bag gives her something else to focus on and stops the spiraling thoughts on the way to school. As a said – I’m a big fan of smoothies.
5 Health Benefits You Get From Drinking this Tropical Smoothie for Breakfast
- It makes you happy and smarter. Bananas are the perfect brain food. They ward off depression and boost the happiness factor in your brain. At the same time strengthening your ability to think and focus.
- Zaps that spotty skin. Mangoes help clear clogged pores and eliminate pimples.
- Gives you energy to sustain your mental and physical activities all morning.
- Great for your digestion with loads of fiber and gut pleasing enzymes.
- Boosts the immune system and shields the family against the nasty germs kids tend to bring home from school.
A simple, classic 4 ingredient breakfast smoothie made by blending frozen (or fresh) mango, orange, banana and coconut milk.
- 1 Cup sliced bananas (frozen or fresh)
- 1 Cup diced mangoes (frozen or fresh
- 1 Orange peeled and cut into sections
- 1 cup coconut milk (or almond milk)
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour into glasses to serve immediately or into a smoothie bottle for later.
- You can use almond milk in place of coconut milk. I don’t like to add real milk because I’ve had a couple of attempts where the milk has curdled with the orange.
- Add 1 part coconut milk to one part water for a milder coconut taste (this is what I do)
- If you are using fresh fruit then add a big handful of ice when blender. This makes it nice and cold and gives it that slushy kind of consistency.
- Category: Smoothie
- Cuisine: Clean Eating