- 800g / 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts or thighs (I like to use thighs as they just taste better)
- 2 onions finely diced
- 1 large leek thinly sliced
- 3 medium potatoes (peeled and quartered)
- 2 large carrots (sliced)
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (I used butternut, celery, red pepper, sweet potato)
- 2 Cups chicken or vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350F / 180 Celsius
- In a large, oven proof dish, place chicken, leeks and onions. Bake in oven for 15 min until chicken has turned white.
- Add remaining vegetables and stock.
- Bake for 1 hour (use an oven dish with a lid). This keeps the moisture in to produce a tasty broth like gravy.)
- NOTE: If you prefer a thicker gravy, stir in one large tablespoon of plain flour when you add the stock)
- Cuisine: Main Dish