One tray meal that you can pop in the oven even on the busiest of nights. Beautiful wholesome, hot family meal. Serve with Wholegrain pasta.
- 500g minced beef OR chicken.
- 2 Bottles of Organic Pasta Sauce (about 3 cups)
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup grated zucchini
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons plain organic flour
- Whole wheat spaghetti
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (or 350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- In a large oven proof dish, pour both bottles of tomato pasta sauce, grated veggies. Set aside ready for meatballs.
- Meatballs: mix together minced meat, raw egg, tomato puree, salt and flour. Form tablespoon sized meat balls. Put the RAW meat balls into the sauce. Do not stir as the meatballs will break apart. Add all meatballs to sauce – looks a bit odd, but trust me here, it works!
- Bake UNCOVERED in oven for 30-40 min. Meatballs will be firm, browned slightly on top & sauce will be a thicker, rich red colour.
- Spoon meatballs and sauce onto cooked wholemeal pasta. Kids won’t even know that they are eating tomato, carrots and zucchini – all in one dish!Serve with a fresh salad on the side.
- Category: EASY.
- Cuisine: Dinner