25 Minute Chicken and Spinach Fettuccine. Fast & Healthy weeknight meal made using a jar of Pasta Sauce.
- 1 Bag of Wholewheat / Organic Fettuccine
- 6 chicken thighs sliced into quarters (you can use shredded chicken or breasts but flavour is best using thighs)
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 Cup Spinach leaves
- 4 Black Mushrooms
- 1 Jar Organic Pasta Sauce
- Olive oil for Cooking
- Salt and Pepper
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Cook Fettuccine according to package instructions.
- Heat up a large pan on the stove top.
- Add olive oil and chicken pieces. Fry until slightly browned and juices have evaporated. Remove from pan.
- Add a little more oil and add diced onions to pan. Cook for around 3 minutes until softened. Add garlic, mushrooms, cooked chicken and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes. Pour in jar of pasta sauce. Reduce heat and cover pan. Simmer for 5 – 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in spinach leaves. These will wilt without further cooking.
- OPTIONAL: Grate a little mozzarella cheese over the top and place under oven grill to melt.
- Serve over cooked fettuccine with a salad on the side.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Clean Eating