* We sometimes use affiliate links, so we may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Check our disclosure for more info.
Smoked Salmon and Eggs for breakfast. More of an idea than a recipe, it’s a classic. Not only is it delicious, it feels like a treat! I use poached eggs for this breakfast, they’re my families favorite way to eat eggs, everyone likes smoked salmon and I add a layer of color with a little raw spinach. Yum :)
Smoked Salmon And Eggs
Is breakfast one of those times of day you struggle to get the kids to eat something healthy? I do too. I have a whole load of breakfast recipes and ideas up my sleeve, but somehow during the week, breakfast is the one thing I struggle with.
I started making these smoked salmon and eggs when we very first started eating clean. Eggs Royale has always been a favorite and while you can easily make a Clean Royale sauce, I for one never have enough time to do this beofre school. And so… this became the school morning version, and really, it’s quick and easy, whilst being every bit as delicious.
As I say, I put a little raw spinach on top of the salmon and under the egg. This way, when you break the yolk of the poached egg you cover the whole thing in scrummy runny egg yolks and it becomes a cheats version of Eggs Royale in a self saucing kinda way :)
What To Eat With Smoked Salmon And Eggs
I found some Wholemeal breakfast muffins in my local supermarket once, and I’ve been buying them ever since. They can be quite hard to find, there are these grain muffins on Amazon if you’re struggling to find them locally, or you can of course simply use a nice chunky slice of Wholemeal toast instead.
Feel free to leave the spinach out of you think it’ll be too much of an effort to get the kids to eat it, the smoked salmon and eggs are a good enough breakfast to not go to battle over some spinach leaves!
There’s no hard and fast rules here for amounts. I’ve added the recipe as a guide, and generally I would give the little kids half, or one muffin half and one egg, and work your way up from there.
You can also make some changes if you like:
- Use crispy bacon instead of salmon
- Replace the smoked salmon with ham for a cheats Eggs Benedict
- Add sliced tomatoes instead of spinach
More Clean Eating Breakfasts
Smoked Salmon And Eggs Recipe
Smoked Salmon And Eggs
- 2 Wholemeal Breakfast Muffins Sliced in half
- 4 Eggs Poached
- Smoked Salmon Enough for 4 muffins
- 1 Handful Spinach Raw
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- Put a pan of water on to boil and turn the heat down when the water starts boiling, so you have a low simmer and add the vinegar. Only fill your pan a quarter of the way up, you only need shallow water to poach eggs
- Break your eggs in the water and with a spoon, swirl the water gently to stop the eggs sticking to the bottom of the pan
- For runny yolks, poach the eggs for 2-3 minutes and then drain and set to one side
- Toast the muffins, and then add a little smoked salmon on top
- If having spinach, add a few leaves on top of the salmon
- Add a poached egg to each muffin, season and serve!