These Three Ingredient Clean Eating Banana Pancakes are quick and easy to make. Dairy free and Delicious! The perfect way to start the weekend.
More Family Friendly Clean Eating Recipes
The Thing about TWO Ingredient banana pancakes
There have been quite a few popular recipes showing the two ingredient banana pancake recipe and touting it as the next best thing. If, however, you were like me and gave it a go – then you will know that it is an utter pile of nonsense! You end up with slimy, sloppy pancakes that … as my kids would say… suck!
It’s the flour that makes them magical. Not a lot. Just a couple tablespoons makes all the difference.
What flour should you use?
Honestly it doesn’t matter. I have made these with coconut, wholewheat, oat and almond flour. The only thing is that if you are not using the ‘self rising’ variety, then you will also need to add a little baking powder to the mix to get your pancakes to rise.
For about a year now, I have been using Einkorn Flour. It’s made from an ancient wheat grain variety that hasn’t been tampered with or genetically modified. It doesn’t result in tummy aches and doesn’t give you that sick kind of feeling that our family tends to get after eating more refined grains.
How to Make your Own Self Rising Flour
The rule of thumb of 1 teaspoon of baking powder for every 1 cup of plain flour.
- The more ripe (or overripe) your bananas, the sweeter your pancakes will be.
- This recipe makes 10 large pancakes which is just perfect for two adults or 4 kids. So double up as needed.
- I like to let my pancake mixture ‘rest for around 5 minutes before cooking the pancakes. It gives the baking powder time to work it’s magic and avoids that first pancake failure.
- Because these are so quick to make, you can even whip these up on a school day. They are just as yummy on their own, no need for maple syrup and yogurt if you are in a rush. With bananas and eggs making up 90% of the pancake, you know your kids are getting a good start to the Day.
These Clean Eating Three Ingredient Banana Pancakes are quick and easy to make. Dairy free and Delicious! The perfect way to start the weekend. #cleaneating #bananapancakes #cleaneatingrecipes
- 2 x med/large Ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 x eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup Self Rising Flour
- Preheat pan on Stove. Add a little butter to stop sticking.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Spoon about 2 Tablespoons of mixture into the pan per pancake.
- Cook each side, flipping half way, until golden.
- Serve with maple syrup and Greek Yogurt
More Easy Kid Friendly Meal Ideas
Get my Printable Dinner Time Cheat Sheet with 18 fast (20 minute or less) & healthy weeknight meal ideas that the whole family will enjoy. Click here to get it now and start using it tonight.