These three ingredient breakfast Scones are light, fluffy and tasty and fail proof. I have made countless batches with many a little helper kneading and mixing for me. They always work out well.
Don’t lose this three ingredient scone recipe. It’s a goody. Scribble it on a napkin. Tattoo it on your arm. Do whatever is necessary to imprint it in your memory. You will thank me later. This is the ONE recipe you need to remember by heart then burn the page and share with no-one.
More Mom Stuff
- Genius Meal Prep Hacks for Busy Moms
- 200 Ways to Save Money (PLUS Printable Checklist)
- Weekend Declutter Challenge: 200 Things to Throw Away
I’m World famous in our house for collecting recipe books, files of recipes and magazines. I have an entire bookshelf, desk and bedside table full of them. It’s a problem, I know.
The thing is, there are very few recipes that I actually ever end up making. I intend to get round to them. Life just gets in the way.
Every now and again though, a recipe pops up that is too good to ignore. This is one of them.
Three Ingredient Scones
For Perfectly Fluffy Scones you will need:
- Self Raising Flour (this is the flour I use – and why)
- Butter and
- Plain, full cream yogurt
I use organic products, but opt for white flour instead of wholegrain for this recipe. I make up my own Self raising flour using Einkorn Flour (I LOVE, LOVE this flour) You can use Self Raising Wholegrain flour for a bit more of a rustic scone.
STEP ONE: Make up your dough.
Start by using your fingers to work the butter into the flour. You’re aiming for a mix that looks a little like fine breadcrumbs. Add the yogurt and mix to form a firm dough.
STEP 2: Roll out your dough and press out your circles.
Roll out your dough to a half inch thickness. Use a cookie cutter to press out your scone circles. Make sure you dust the cutter well to prevent any sticking.
STEP 3: Bake and Serve
Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until light golden on the top. Serve with fresh cream and strawberries (or 100% fruit, no sugar added strawberry jam if not in season).
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 200g butter
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 170 degree Celsius or 320 degree Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour and butter together with your fingers until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add yogurt and mix until your dough is formed.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to about 1/2 inch thickness. Cut out your Scone circles. I use a plastic cup to cut out shapes and aim for 8 scones per batch.
- Place on a oven tray and bake for 12 – 15 min or until tops are golden brown.
- Serve immediately with fresh cream and strawberry jam.
LIKE IT? PIN IT HERE