Make a batch of these mini Veg and Tuna Bake Savories tonight and pop them in the lunchbox tomorrow. They make a delicious lunch or light dinner and can be served hot or cold.
2 x 185g canned tuna (in brine), drained and shredded
1 x onion, finely diced
1 x large carrot, grated
2 x medium zucchinis, grated
1/2 x red capsicum, finely diced
1 x cup cheese, grated
1 x cup Plain Flour, sifted (I use this flour)
1 x teaspoon baking powder
5 x eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon dried Oregano
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350F / 170C
- grease your muffin tray really well with butter or olive oil
- Heat up a pan on the stove and cook your onion with a little olive oil until softened.
- Combine all ingredients together in a BIG mixing bowl.
- Spoon evenly into your muffin tray (it should fill all 12 of the holes).
- Bake for 30 minutes (see my notes)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before removing from the tray
Ovens can be temperamental and your oven may heat differently to mine. So to avoid any mishaps, watch your bake in the final few minutes and adjust to suit. Your tuna bakes will feel firm to the touch when cooked and golden on top.
Variations: feel free to add different vegetables to replace the capsicum. I recommend sticking to no more than 1/2 cup of added vegetables to avoid too much recipe variation. Try Corn, peas or black olives for a new flavor combination.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Clean Eating