Honey Soy Chicken Stirfry
A sweet and sticky chicken and veggies stirfry that I serve up in place of takeout. Tender, bite sized chicken pieces, fresh brocolli, caramalised carrots smothered in a sweet and sticky honey garlic sauce. DELICIOUS!!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil or sesame oil
- 1 cup carrots finely sliced, peeled
- 2 cups broccoli washed, chopped or broken into bite sized florets
- 1 lb chicken breast skinless, chopped into bite sized peices
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
HONEY GARLIC SAUCE
- 1/4 cup tamari or salt reduced soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 cloves garlic peeled, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger freshly minced (or jar)
Corn Flour Slurry
- 2½ tsp cornflour or arrowroot powder
- 2 tbsp COLD water
STIR FRY YOUR VEGGIES BRIEFLY - Heat a large pan on the stove top. Add 1 tablespoon oil, broccoli and carrots. Stirfry your veggies for 2- 4 minutes for them to soften slightly. Don't overcook as you want them to be crunchy and bright in color. Remove them from the pan and setthem aside. 2-4 MINUTES
FRY & BROWN YOUR CHICKEN - Use the same pan, add the remaining olive oil and chicken pieces. Don'' overcrowd your pan as this causes the chicken to release too much moisture. If needed, cook in batches. You want to sear your chicken all round. 5 MINUTES
PREP YOUR HONEY GARLIC SAUCE - While your chicken is sizzling, prep your sauce. Mix together the tamari (or soy sauce), stock, honey, garlic and ginger until well combined. MAKE UP YOUR CORN FLOUR SLURRY - mix corn flour and COLD Water until smooth.
ADD THE SAUCE TO THE CHICKEN - pour the sauce and cornflour mix over your chicken. STIR CONSTANTLY until sauce thickens. This will only take a couple of seconds. If your chicken needs a couple more minutes to cook through, this this is the time to let it simmer for a bit in it's sauce.
ADD THE VEGGIES - Stir in your brocolli and carrots and stir gently to heat through and coat every piece in delcious, sticky honey sauce.
- Serve with a side of steamed brown rice, cauliflower rice or soba noodles
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 1314mg | Potassium: 737mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 5663IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg