* We sometimes use affiliate links, so we may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Check our disclosure for more info.
When you have finished making these, promise me that you will come back and let me know how good they were. I’m pretty confident the whole family will LOVE these Ginger Ninjas. They are soft, chewy and sweetened with a DIY Date puree (you have got to try this!).
The beauty of this recipe is that all ingredients are popped into the food processor and it does the work for you. You can either bake immediately or spoon the dough into some cling wrap and store in the fridge or freezer until you need it.
The Secret Ingredient
Date Puree is simply Date + Water. It’s the secret ingredient that makes these little biscuits soft and chewy and OMG Amazing!!
Only Three Easy Steps
STEP 1: Make your date Puree. Pop 1 cup dates and 1 cup warm water into the processor and pulse for around a minute until dates have broken down. It doesn’t have to be smooth.
STEP 2. Add remaining ingredients and pulse for two minutes until smooth’ish.
STEP 3: Bake.
Clean Eating Ginger Ninja Biscuits (Sweetened with DIY Date Puree)
- 1 cup dried Dates
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 1 Cup Wholewheat Flour plain
- 1 Tablespoon Honey optional
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 80 g Butter or coconut oil
- Preheat Oven to 200.C / 400.F
- In a Food Processor: Process Dates and warm water until roughly chopped. Add Remaining ingredients. Process until sooth.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon amounts of mixture onto baking tray.
- Bake for 12 -15 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly on tray and then move to baking rack to cool completely.