* We sometimes use affiliate links, so we may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Check our disclosure for more info.
Quick, Easy and really delicious tuna patties! Best thing about them is that they are always a hit with fussy kids and can be made using budget friendly canned tuna.
When I was growing up, canned tuna was ‘just a salad’ ingredient. We never used it in cooked foods at all. Which is a pity because my mother worked full time away from home and always came home rushing to get food on the table. I feel as if she missed out on a lifetime of delicious, quick, budget friendly tuna meals.
Lucky for me, the internet has introduced me to a whole assortment of tuna meals that makes my dinner times a little easier (especially when budget gets a little tight at the end of the month).
These tuna patties are thick, chunky and taste amazing!
I like to add a few vegetables to the mix. This is normally whatever I have available. For today’s recipe it’s carrot. But you can just as easily substitute zucchini, broccoli or corn.
Mix Everything together in a bowl.
Divide into Golf ball sized balls and flatten in the pan. Fry approx 3-4 minutes a side.
Serve with a salad, mashed potato or homemade fries.
Clean Eating Amazing Tuna & Carrot Patties
- 2 cans Tuna 6 ounce/ 180g (drained)
- 1/2 cup Wholewheat breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 - 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup vegetables: grated carrot chopped chives, corn, parsley
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of dried Rosemary
- Mix all Ingredients Together: Mix all ingredients together in bowl. Test tuna mixture stays together when rolled into a ball. If too dry, then add 1 tablespoon water.
- Form Patties: Divide mixture into golf ball sized balls and flatten into patty shape. You can refrigerate and firm up patties a bit more befor cooking, but I cook immediately.
- Saute in Skillet: Heat up pan to med-high and add a little olive oil. Place patties in pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned. Turn and cook the other side.