A ridiculously low calorie -Chinese Take Out Alternative that tastes amazing! With only 234 Calories in a very generous sized serve, this Clean Eating Cauliflower Fried Rice is officially one of my favorite weight loss recipes to cook when I want to shift a little of that excess Winter weight.
What is Cauliflower Rice?
This is an easy one. It may look a lot like regular rice, but Cauliflower rice is made with one ingredient: Cauliflower. The magical part is that it actually tastes a lot better as a ‘rice’ than when you serve it as a regular vegetable side.
The slightly nutty flavor.
It’s like it’s made to be a kind of rice. Once you eat it like this, I know you will be a fan.
Why Cauliflower Rice is so Good for Weight Loss
The thing that makes it food gold for those of us trying to lose some weight is that Cauliflower has only 25 calories per cup vs. 218 for a cup of cooked brown rice. (And, if you’re watching carbs, cauliflower has 5g per cup vs. 46g for a cup of brown rice).
Only 25 Calories for an ENTIRE CUP! Did you get that? You can pretty much eat as much of it as you like.
I don’t usually count calories at all as Clean Eating keeps me within a couple kilograms of my happy weight, but every now and again, I slack off my Clean Eating Game.
Too many sugary treats, too many after dinner snacks and those extra kilo’s start to creep on.
I’m all too familiar with this feeling as I gained over 45 pounds with each of my pregnancies. Doing exactly this. And it’s happened again. Not the pregnancy. Just a few extra pounds over Winter. So, over the next 28 days I’ll be upping my Clean Eating Game. And this recipe is one of my all time favorite go to dinners.
And the kids love it! Huh! Who would have thought?
How to Make Clean Eating Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Make your sauce with crushed ginger, sesame oil and Tamari. Set aside.
- Heat up a large skillet on the stove. Add olive oil, diced onions and fry till soft. Add mixed vegetables, chopped garlic and raw cauliflower rice. Saute for 3 – 4 minutes (depending on the texture you want).
- Make a hole in the middle of the vegetables and add your beaten eggs. Allow to cook for a couple seconds before mixing through.
- Add your sauce and stir through.
- Serve in a bowl with chopsticks (for fun) and a little extra Tamari (or Coconut Aminos for Paleo/Whole 30)
How long can you refrigerate Cauliflower Fried Rice? To maximize the fridge life of raw cauliflower, refrigerate in an airtight container. I recommend eating within 48 hours. To reheat, pop in pan or microwave until heated through.
A ridiculously low calorie meal Chinese Take Out Alternative that tastes amazing! Cauliflower Fried Rice is officially one of my favorite recipes to cook when I want to shift a little of that excess Winter weight.
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 3 Tablespoons Tamari (Gluten Free/Clean Eating) or Coconut Aminos (Paleo/Whole 30)
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (or olive oil)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 Cups Raw Cauliflower Rice (see instructions here)
- One Cup Mixed Vegetables: peas, carrots, beans, corn
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and Pepper
- Prep your Cauliflower Rice by Processing to the consistency of rice. You can get the full How to Make Cauliflower Rice Tutorial here.
- Make up your sauce by mixing together ginger, sesame oil and Tamari. Set aside.
- Heat up a large skillet or wok on the stove. Add oil, diced onions and fry till soft. Add mixed vegetables, chopped garlic and raw cauliflower rice to the pan. Saute for 3 – 5 minutes (depending on the texture you want).
- Make a hole in the middle of the vegetables and add your beaten eggs. Allow to cook for a couple seconds before mixing through the rest of the veggie rice.
- Add your sauce and stir through. Saute for another 1 – 2 minutes.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.
Serve in a bowl with chopsticks (for fun) and a little extra Tamari (or Coconut Aminos for Paleo/Whole 30)