Loaded Mash Potato Fritters
Left Over Mashed potato? No problem. Loaded Mashed Potato Fritters are perfect for an easy next day lunch for the kids. You can pretty much add whatever you want to the mix. Grated carrots work best, but my daughter so sweetly fed all of our carrots to the Guinea Pigs.
You can serve them on their own or with Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream. I like to eat mine with a bit of chilli on the side too.
- 2 cups cooked mashed potato
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or spring onion
- olive oil or butter for frying
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Heat up a non stick fry pan on high. Add oil or butter.
- Spoon around 2 tablespoons of mash mixture for each fritter. Fry for about 1 min or until golden brown, then turn over with spatula. NOTE: You can make them as bigger or smaller. I try and make 12 to a batch.
- Cook in batches of 4 at a time.
- Serve immediately with sour cream on the side.