This is a super cute, little bit fancy way to dress up the regular ol’ potato side. Step aside fries ‘coz the Potato stack is the new kid on the block. Crispy round edges, just the right amount of salty butter flavour with a mmmm mmmm tang of cheesy Parmesan. Oh, and you make these little beauties in a muffin tin – that’s the secret to stop them toppling and keeping them in a nice neat stack.
My kids are a bit gullible when it comes to cute food. If I shape it, stack it or roll it in a ball then it’s a hit. Oh and if I add cheese. Cheese is always a winner.
These cutesy little Parmesan Potato stacks are a double whammy – cute and cheesy. Bam! Best Mommy ever last night.
I should have made more because they disappeared really quickly, but I only had the one 12 hole muffin tray available. The other one is still waiting to be washed after one of my children – no names mentioned, but she knows who she is – decided to make home made glitter slime in it. The main ingredient is PVA glue so no surprise that it’s not going to be fun to clean. And it’s not getting easier either. Just sayin’.
There really isn’t much to making these.
Step 1: Slice your potatoes – try and slice them between 3-5mm in thickness. The thicker they are, the longer they take to cook. And nobody needs that on a weeknight. If you want a rustic kind of look (or just really couldn’t be bothered) then leave the skin on. I like it that way best and no-one seems to care either way.
Step 2: Coat your potatoes in a little melted butter and Parmesan cheese – the butter helps it stick. Add Salt, Pepper and sprinkle of Rosemary (Thyme works well too).
Step 3: Stack and Bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
Seriously. How good does this look?
Posh potato fries.
Huh! That’s what I should have called them.
And this is what happens when you cut them in half – layers of perfectly baked cheesy potato. It’s like your own personal mini potato bake.
- 5 - 6 medium potatoes that fit the muffin tray (keep cutting until all your muffin holes are full past the top as the stack will shrink by about a quarter when cooked)
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- Salt and Pepper
- ¼ Cup grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon dried Rosemary
- Preheat oven to 180'C/ 350F
- Slice Potatoes and use your hands to coat with the melted butter. Add parmesan and mix until well coated. Add Salt and pepper.
- Stack in Muffin trays
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until crispy on top and cooked through the middle (stick a fork in one to make sure the potato is tender and cooked all the way through)
- Serve immediately.