Broccoli and Cheese Squares
Broccoli is on special. Yay! Now with 100 servings (OK, slight exaggeration. Maybe only 98) of freshly frozen broccoli taking up all the freezer space, I have to start using it up. As you can imagine – the kids are delighted.
Three Ingredient Cheese scones are a very versatile baking recipe to have up your sleeve. You can either make them on their own, or add one other ingredient for a bit of variety. In this recipe, I have added … you guessed it … Broccoli! You can just as easily add bacon, corn, chopped chives or grated zucchini.
To keep the kids happy, I process lightly steamed broccoli in my food processor until it has the texture of bread crumbs.
- 1 cup Self Raising flour
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup lightly steamed broccoli (processed to a fine crumb in the food processor) (NOTE: You can replace broccoli with grated zucchini, sliced ham or chopped chives for some variation).
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Mix all ingredients together until a dough begins to form. Roll out onto a bench top or board.
- Cut into 12 squares (or 8 big slices) and place on an oven tray with a bit of space between them.
- Bake for 15 min until cheese starts to turn golden in color.