Carrot Cake Muffins with walnuts and cinnamon.
These little handfuls of yummy are perfect for rainy days, school lunches or anytime snacks. I pack a full two cups of grated carrot into the batch and half a cup of chopped walnuts. Even though you can see the carrot shining through, it doesn’t deter the fussiest of my kids fighting for the last one.
It’s been raining for three days straight. Our water tanks are full. My washing pile is growing. Kids are looking for a reason to fight with one another. Any reason will do. The smell of Carrot Cake muffins cooking in the oven peaces us all out.
You can use this same recipe to make up a carrot cake loaf, but you will need to increase the baking time. I’m a bit too impatient so using a muffin tray means they can get on our plates faster.
Family friendly, Clean Eating Carrot Cake with chopped walnuts and cinnamon.
- 2 Cups of Grated Carrots
- 3 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups self raising flour (I use either organic white flour or wholemeal)
- 1/2 cup butter (slightly melted)
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius OR 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Divide mix evenly into 12 hole muffin tray.
- Bake for 15 – 20 min until muffins are golden and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Serve as is or with a dollop of butter.