* We sometimes use affiliate links, so we may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Check our disclosure for more info.
This crunchy Chopped Mexican Salad is bright and fresh and really easy to make. It’s a popular family side salad that can be eaten on its own, wrapped in a taco or added to a lunchbox.
Dress the salad with this Simple Lemon Dressing which has just the right amount of sweet vs tangy flavor that the family will go nuts over.
It’s not your regular green salad. Oh no! This is a salad that makes other salads look like rabbit food.
BEST FAMILY SALAD EVER
- Everything is chopped up and sliced so you can eat it with a spoon.
- Black beans, corn and brown rice make it more like a meal than a little salad.
- It’s super versatile so you can add in any other salad ingredients you’re trying to use up.
- I use canned black beans, frozen corn and frozen Edamame beans so I can pretty much make it any time of the year.
- Turn this wholesome salad into a main meal by adding your favorite protein – grilled chicken, grilled meat or use it as a filling for tacos.
KID FRIENDLY SALAD RECIPE
For some reason or other, chopped salads go down a bit better with picky eaters. Not sure why, but it seems to be one of those weird little wonders.
Get your kids helping in the kitchen when you make this by chopping up veggies, rinsing the beans or making the lemon dressing.
Clean Eating Chopped Mexican Salad
- 2 Cups Iceberg Lettuce Finely chopped
- 1 cup Cooked Brown Rice
- ½ Cup Corn frozen or fresh
- ½ Cup Black Beans (canned) drain and rinse
- ½ Cup Edamane Beans frozen or fresh
- ½ Cup Cucumber Chopped
- ½ Cup Cherry Tomatoes halved
- ¼ Cup lemon juice approx two lemons
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp Olive oil mild tasting version
- 1 tsp Honey
- ½ tbsp White vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
Lemon Salad Dressing
- Mix all ingredients together. Store in a container in the fridge until ready to use.
Chopped Mexican Salad
- Add the salad ingredients to a large bowl.Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.